As the school is now closed to all families except children of key workers or those with identified vulnerabilities, please see the links below for suggested learning activities at home.
|Letter to parents and carers about online phonics lessons|
|File Size:||291 kb|
- NEW https://interagencystandingcommittee.org/iasc-reference-group-mental-health-and-psychosocial-support-emergency-settings/my-hero-you Storybook for children on COVID-19 - available in multiple languages
- NEW https://ounews.co/education-languages-health/childhood-youth/reading-with-children-7-steps-to-making-it-magical/ Easy to read information for parents and carers on reading at home
- NEW https://www.historystorytime.com/ Historical events retold for children, by children (and their history graduate father!)
As is always the case when your child accesses online resources, please ensure that you supervise
their time online to help keep them safe - thank you
- https://www.thenational.academy/. Online lessons for all age groups following the National Curriculum, set up in collaboration with the Department for Education
- https://stories.audible.com/start-listen All children’s audio books are available for free while schools are closed.
- https://authorfy.com/. Video masterclasses from children's authors and downloadable creative packs based on children's stories
- https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/. Free learning packs for each year group that can supplement packs sent from school
- https://www.mathematicsmastery.org/free-resources. Free worksheets and activities from Mathematics Mastery - the curriculum we use at Maple Infants' School
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/help-your-child-with-maths. Early Years (Nursery & Reception) maths ideas
- https://www.hamilton-trust.org.uk/blog/learning-home-packs/. Maths lessons and resources for each year group
- https://www.stem.org.uk/home-learning/primary. Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics activities. These activities are easy-to-resource and provide children with the stimulus to talk about the world around them.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mvsc. Boogie Beebies - Early Years dance and movement videos to move along to!
- https://www.nhs.uk/10-minute-shake-up/shake-ups 10 minute 'shake up' activities that get you moving with a Disney theme!
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks1-collection/zbr4scw Fun curriculum linked resources to get children moving while they learn!
- https://www.helpkidzlearn.com/ Links to games and activities suitable for children with Special Educational Needs
- https://www.facebook.com/KingstonLibrariesHeritage. Kingston Library staff are hosting remote Rhyme Time and Storytelling sessions - watch the live stream or catch up on their Facebook page
- https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/. David Walliams is reading from his popular books everyday
- https://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/webcams/panda-cam/. Pay a visit to Edinburgh Zoo remotely by watching the pandas, koalas, tigers and penguins to see what they are up to!
- http://www.robbiddulph.com/draw-with-rob. Children's author and illustrator Rob Biddulph will help you draw some amazing characters
- https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/50-things-to-do-before-youre-11--activity-list. The National Trust gardens are currently closed, but you may still be able to tick some things off the list of '50 things to be before you are 11 3/4,' in your garden
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ParentsMenu.htm. A selection of phonic games that will be familiar to the children
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/. A free to register for use website with a wide selection of ebooks & linked activities - many of the books will be familiar to the children!
- https://www.phonicsbloom.com/. A range of online phonic games
- http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/. A range of printable resources and phonic activities
- Search for ‘Mr Thorne’s Phonics’ on YouTube for fun videos linked to the phonic sounds your child has been learning
- https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/. Interactive games that takes children on an adventure to complete islands building their phonic knowledge along the way!
- http://www.pobble365.com/. A new image is provided every day - useful for generating discussion, verbal story telling or writing your own sentences.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p. A variety of online activities linked to different KS1 subject areas
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5RMpbn1X8tMkMQgw0GRhz8L/early-years-foundation-stage-eyfs. A variety of rhymes and stories for children to listen to
- https://www.childrensuniversity.manchester.ac.uk/. Lots of activities to support learning at home
- https://www.gonoodle.com/. A downloadable app with a range of songs and movements to keep children physically activity at home
- Search for ‘Joe Wicks 5 Minute Move Kids’ - the Body Coach has recorded 5 minute fitness videos for primary aged children to keep them moving!
- https://www.puzzles-to-print.com/crossword-puzzles-for-kids/. Printable puzzles available at a variety of levels and themes
Home Learning Packs - as our school is currently closed we have provided the following packs for families to continue learning at home - Pack 1 for 23rd March - 3rd April, Pack 2 for 6th - 17th April,
Pack 3 for 20th April - 1st May and Pack 4 2nd May - 18th May
|YEAR 1 - HOME LEARNING GRID 4 - 02.05.2020 - 18.05.2020|
|File Size:||1502 kb|