The Pupil Premium Grant
As a school we receive £1320 per academic year to provide extra support to children who are registered for the Pupil Premium Grant - PPG. (Once a child has been registered for PPG the school will receive funding for them for 6 years, even if the child is only eligible for a short time.)
You can apply for PPG if you or your child receives any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,690 or less
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Pupil premium is not allocated to individual children. It is not an individual entitlement but it is used to support the needs of our vulnerable pupils as a group. Currently 13.9% of the school population is eligible for pupil premium funding (summer term 2017).
The school has the responsibility for allocating the pupil premium funding to support pupils or groups of pupils. We are accountable for how we have used the additional funding to support our pupils and we are required to publish online information about how we have used the pupil premium, in order to ensure that parents and others are made fully aware of the attainment of pupils covered by the premium. Where funding is allocated to an intervention it may be that some groups have a mixture of pupils that are eligible or not eligible for pupil premium within in. You can find out more about our expenditure in 2016-17 in our Pupil Premium Strategy document below, as well as our planned expenditure for 2017-18.
How can I find out if my child is eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant?
Please contact the school office if you think you may be able to apply or apply via the misleadingly titled "Free school meal" link on the www.kingston.gov website.